Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Serving: My new(old) life purpose

I have been feeling inadequate living back in the south suburbs because I haven't been able to find a steady job or make great strides in relationships with people here. For a while I thought it was Jared who was putting the pressure on me to work. I realized this pressure was actually coming from within - I was the one putting it on myself. I felt less valuable as a person because I wasn't contributing to society on a grand scale.
Then today I was given a new thought by the one who has never seen me for anything less than extremely valuable and important: To love & serve others without first receiving love & service is the greatest act humanity can do. I realized it does not matter on what scale this love & service is being given. The selfless act is, by its very nature, grandiose. 
Therefore, if I will love & serve those around me, without expecting anything in return, I am contributing to society! The willingness to begin a journey of selfless living is noble and has the potential of taking me to worlds beyond my wildest imagination.

*Morning note
*Gary Chapman
*Today Show

No comments:

Post a Comment